I love breakfast. And one thing I love most about breakfast? That you can take all your normal favorites, and wrap them up to go. Case in point? This easy breakfast burrito recipe with potatoes.Add in your travel mug of coffee, and you're set for an awesome day!Click To Tweet
If there were ever anything that I could eat till it came out of my ears…it would be potatoes. And I’m a really big fan of breakfast skillets. But life gets busy, and on those days I’m thankful for the quintessential breakfast burrito. And here, is my single serving wrapped go-to.
All it takes to get started is tossing 2 pats of butter into your frying pan. Then peel 1 medium sized russet potato. Rinse the potato and slice into thin strips over your pan. I grind in a few turns of salt & pepper. Then turn your heat on to a medium-low, cover with lid, and cook for 10 minutes.
You’ll want to use a spatula to flip the potatoes occasionally, but after 10 minutes add your sweet peppers and onions. I use a frozen premixed bag. Trader Joe’s has a divine fire roasted sweet peppers and onions variety. And I’m all for making my mornings easier. However, 1/4 cup of fresh onions and sweet peppers would work just as well.
At this point, your potatoes should be lightly browning, and our veggies softening. To which you’re ready to crack in your egg. As you can see, sky is actually the limit on just how you prep your egg. However, I’ve always been partial to a good scrambled skillet variety.
Since I do like a good scramble, I let my egg cook up another 5 minutes. And then I’m ready to prep my tortilla and pour all this hot deliciousness into the center. With a quick fold, I wrap up my breakfast and can be out the door!
And there you have it. One bountiful serving sized easy breakfast burrito recipe with potatoes. While 25 minutes to may sound long, this skillet wrap doesn’t need you standing over the stove. Add in your travel mug of coffee, and you’re set for an awesome day!
- 1 medium russet potato
- 1 egg
- 2 pats real butter
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 1/4 cup fire roasted sweet peppers and onions
- Place butter into frying pan.
- Peel russet potato.
- Rinse potato and slice into thin strips over pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes covered, to soften. Use spatula to flip occasionally.
- Stir in pre-mixed frozen sweet peppers and onions. Cook together for 5 minutes.
- Crack egg into pan and cook for additional 5 minutes. Stirring to scramble.
- Plate in middle of tortilla and wrap to eat.
Make sure to tell me what you think if you try this recipe out. And for more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers below:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets